Amateur radio license exams are conducted by a team of Volunteer Examiners at the Radio Club of Tacoma Clubhouse on the second Tuesday of each month.
- Element 2 - Technician
- Element 3 - General
- Element 4 - Amateur Extra
NOTE: The FCC has eliminated Morse Code Testing as of February 23, 2007.
The examination session begins promptly at 7:00 PM. Please arrive early to complete the necessary paperwork.
WHAT TO BRING
- A pen and pencil
- A government issued ID that shows a photo of the applicant. If you are a student without a photo ID, then two pieces of other ID are required, such as a student ID card, library card, or social security card.
- Your original amateur radio license if you have one
- Your Social Security Number, or the FCC-issued FRN number printed on your existing amateur radio license
- A calculator if needed, with memory cleared
VE EXAM FEES
You will be required to pay the standard VE Exam Fee before taking any one or more of the exams. Cash and checks are accepted. Checks should be made payable to "Radio Club of Tacoma/VE Team".
Retesting -- In the unlikely event you fail to pass an Element, and if you feel confident you can pass on the second try, then the examiners may give you a one-time opportunity to re-take another exam for that Element at the same session upon payment of another VE Exam Fee.
ADDRESS, MAP AND DIRECTIONS
See the Clubhouse page
FOR INFORMATION, CONTACT
John Clarke, AC7WW
Volunteer Examiner Coordinator Liaison